Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Hilarious

In town today so I decided to trade the robot with martingale today. Took 2 losers and then a winner, but what cracked me up was how far and fast the market dropped after I got out. I only made $20, and the market moved another $240 in a few minutes right afterwards.

Getting out of the trade is not something I regret at all. When trading this way, where you increase your risk every trade, the goal is to take what the market gives you when it's there without getting too greedy and having to take another loss. I got out at an area of support where the market could have easily reversed and given me another loss. Especially because today the FOMC is meeting and discussing policy. Markets can go sideways a bit until information impacts things.

If I was trading a smaller fixed position size for each trade, then I would have still been short during this move down more than likely as my risk would have been much much smaller. here is the chart!


No comments:

Post a Comment