Monday, August 6, 2018

I need to step it up.

The key to this game once you understand it, is to freaking have the self control to do what needs to be done. From now on I am going to start tracking each day/trade I stick to, or break my rules. It is going into the spreadsheet and I am going to get a percentage score for the day.

It has been a week market in small caps the last week or so and I new that going into today. Something set up wonderfully and I did not take the trade my gut told me to take, and then it just kept going higher, squeezing out shorts. I lost $150 on the stock today, thankfully because I was trading smaller size, but damn... I was reading the stock pretty well and got stubborn at the end. I kept exiting positions too quickly only to have them ramp up literally seconds after I got out, which of course frustrated me as time kept moving and I kept doing it.

Then when I noticed the market was probably finished going higher, I wanted to make the money back and I kept trying. Even my very last position would have gotten me a profit on the day, but I bailed quickly. I need to get my head on straight. Here's my recap from last month. As you can see, not a lot of trading days happened for me, and only 2 the month before!


No comments:

Post a Comment