Monday, January 25, 2016

I crashed my bike and broke my heel.

I was coming out of the parking lot of planet fitness and was crossing traffic. As I was turning left the rear tire lost traction, and as it regained traction it high sided the bike and bucked me off. I must have landed on my right ankle first and rolled on the ground. Here is what happened:

As you can see the Calcaneus (Heel bone) is literally ripped in half. When I landed, the tendon was so forced it pulled the bone apart. I am lucky to have been coming home from the gym. The problem now is that I have to fork out thousands for medical bills and bike repairs....
































UPDATE: After getting the bike back, I've realized what happened. There was no slick road and it wasn't driver error. What happened is that I used WD-40 to clean my chain and it got on the left side of my rear tire near the 3/4 area. At that point, the slip was unavoidable and I am lucky to have had it happen at such low speeds rather than 60-70 mph. Here are the pics I took of the damage.









No comments:

Post a Comment