Monday, May 7, 2018

Monday update

Shitty trading today. Not because I am down, I am actually up 32.9% in the last two trading days, but because I was more emotional today than I have been in awhile. I am pissed because I did not trade $BLNK very well, and it was the play of the day. It had all the signs of a great long trade and I was not patient enough: Low float, Chart that draws in early shorts, great catalyst with Whole foods collab. You really don't need much else, you just wait for a good dip to enter.




Damn... I have not been this angry in awhile, but the catalyst for my anger this morning was initiated by looking into my insurance claims to find out that once again my broker did not input a claim that he said his office did... I've been waiting for this reimbursement check for awhile and it hasn't come. That's why. I have since called the broker and come to understand that everything is looking alright as of now, it's all just surprising.

OJ is just running without me too. I should have just bought it. Also, Sugar is definitely coming back down, so I just bought a small rebound off the longer term trend of sinking prices. This could be a long hold, but that is what I have to be prepared for. This is long term value investing, not trading.






















On the psychological and emotional side of things, I am doing much better. It's rare that I go through what I went through yesterday, but damn, when it does I find myself just completely lost. I need to get things in place to help me deal with that, such as just moving my body and getting things out and trying to get distracted instead of meandering in the negativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment