Sunday, February 22, 2015

The New Addition





After an aggravating week of searching for the next bike on the internet and having to weed through scams and total idiots, I was very pleased to acquire "Juice Box". :)

Kinda strange and dorky name I know, but she's got a fuel booster under the seat with the brand name "Juice Box" so it seemed fitting as Fro-J is a box of orange juice haha.

The interesting thing about this whole thing, is that the day before I got her, I test drove another of the same exact model and absolutely hated it. I was so disappointed because my first bike was a 2005 GSXR and this was a 2006. I was appalled that so much had changed in just a year of production. When I got on that bike, the rear brake was waaay out of place, the engine had no power, the transmission felt very inexpensive as if I was hammering a peg into a hole... and worst of all, the front brake rotors were warped so bad I was afraid to push the bike because they wobbled so much. I literally rode the bike a mile and the rotors were so hot I could not touch them. There was something wrong. I told the guy about the problem and he said he didn't know what I was talking about and that he hadn't been on the bike since June of last year. I believed him honestly though. He really seemed to lack knowledge about bikes.

I had an appointment to go see Juice box and I was sure it was going to be a total waste of time, but to my surprise it was like I was right back on my 05, just with sexier looks. The sound of the exhaust on this thing is very close to my old one and I love it. The rear brake was very comfortably positioned, the front brakes were totally perfect and powerful, the transmission shifts like butter and the power is there. I am totally happy with it.

She just so happens to be a recovered stolen bike with only 9,000 miles on her, compared to the 18,000 of the one I had driven the day before. Brand new fairings in great condition, but I do want to paint the entire bike eventually. I'll see if I can photoshop a color scheme in my mind to share it.

This time, I have the bike insured for theft. I was amazed to hear it's only an extra $100 per year so thats awesome. I also have a sweet alarm system on the way that alerts me if anyone gets near the bike, tilts it, touches it and if they start it up without the remote, it kills the engine :) On top of that, a $100 super touch chain will be securing it to steel beam of my covered parking spot when I am home or when I go anywhere. There is no reason whatsoever this bike should get stolen, and even if she does she is covered to be replaced.

I still miss Fro-J severely and am super pissed that I let her get stolen and that someone would be such a dick to steal her... but the world is an equal opportunity predator, and as an old friend taught me long ago "Some lessons are taught, others are bought".

I still plan to begin my new year/life in July, and I still don't have much to report as I have in the past as I am not using the robot at the moment or trading in any way. I am still absorbing the "How to make millions" DVD and Tim's youtube videos. Feeling pretty good about it as more time goes on. I feel like it is becoming more and more obvious that what it really comes down to, is being a very patient sniper and waiting until the exact right moment to strike. For me that has been trading the news in the forex markets, and I am learning that in stocks, it is buying earnings winners and contract winners, and shorting pumps that are breaking major support after having risen exponentially.

Nothing else to report as of now, besides the fact that I am watching a Porsche Documentary :) Be well.
-Francisco


No comments:

Post a Comment