Sunday, February 8, 2015

Someone stole my fucking bike..



...I woke up, went out to the store for breakfast stuff... came back and didn't even notice she was gone until I walked out on the porch...

I bought Fro-J a year and a half ago. it had been 7 years since I had owned my first bike, which was stolen as well. I put 36,000 miles on my 2005 GSX-R the year I got it. I went down to the FL keys to do some work on a naval base and rode back up to Miami to stay with my brother 1 night on my way back home. I parked the bike on his front porch literally in front of his door. Some assholes came in the middle of the night, unscrewed the light bulb and dragged it through the grass and took off with it probably in a truck.

Woke up the following morning and it was my brothers birthday. "Where's your bike?" he said. I thought he was joking but he wasn't. I was surprisingly able to let it go. Mainly because I had just filed bankruptcy and the only reason I still had the bike was because I could keep it as long as I was making payments. With it stolen I was no longer under the financial responsibility. I loved that bike, but there was little pain. Only really some anger at the assholes who had stolen it.

Today there has been some real pain, because I loved that bike. She was for a large part of our time together the only dependable thing in my life. Not only that, the one I turned to for peace that you can only get on two wheels. If you don't ride you won't understand. It might even sound stupid.

I didn't shed on tear over my GSX-R, but I have cried a few times today because I lost what was honestly a family member. Although I am looking for another bike, I seriously don't think there will be another Fro-J. By the way, Fro-J got her name because she is metallic orange, and I ride her all year, even when it is snowing. The other part of her name comes from the fact that I have always had some affinity for the Frozen concentrated orange juice futures market, and, when I go get breakfast from burger king, or any other place that sells those minute maid orange juices in the square cardboard container, I always ask them to get one from the freezer because they are still semi frozen. And that makes for frozen Juice :) or Fro-J.

I really don't know what else to say except I am still trying to process all of this. I will surely take every measure I can next time. be well, I don't know when I will post again.

-Francisco

3 comments:

  1. Jesus...I'm so sorry:-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take responsibility... I didn't have an alarm on her, I didn't chain her up.. I just didn't take those precautions because hell.. this is where I live and I never suspected it would happen.

    Of all the security cameras in the complex, the one pointing directly where I park my bike has been out of commission for 3 weeks. They did however take a look at the footage from the entrance of the complex and noticed a Uhaul type box truck leaving at 2am. Also, a tow truck that came in and seemingly was towing the blue truck right next to my bike left without a car or truck on it.. which was weird because the blue truck has also been gone ever since..

    I'm taking a look at some bikes in a few days, we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find a new love to sooth your heart. I'm sure she's missing you.

    ReplyDelete