Friday, March 13, 2015

How to lose $42 in 2 hours

Home today so I figured I'd check out the markets for a bit and give it a go. Decided to trade large today so as not to be around much, but because I couldn't leave a profit at a profit, I defeated my reasoning for larger size.

I must admit, the price action was pretty decent for the lack of news and although I ended the day at a small loss (pips) I certainly could have done a better job managing the profitable trades I was a part of. Here are the charts.


















































There was definitely a point where I was wanting to jus

t walk away for the day and be done with it, but I saw the chart setting up several times and stuck around. For my first day trading in a while, it was not too bad, but very stressful. I traded way too big for my comfort. I tried to stay objective to my position and look at the price action and what it was telling me regardless. If it was not moving in my favor I had to take that as a sign to get out and take a large loss (dollar wise). The last little bit was easier to stay in because the EURO has just been diving off a cliff lately. If this were a sideways market I'd have had a lot harder time staying short.

The good things I did was focus on shorting because of the overall trend. It took effort, but I did not try to hold on for unrealistic moves, which honestly hurt my ability to come back positive on the day as I left a ton on the table. Never the less, it was a learning exercise.

Here are some color concepts for the new bike. Just fooling around.

No comments:

Post a Comment