Wednesday, October 25, 2017

$ATOS Follow up

I was dead on thinking the stock would fail. The news was positive and it tanked out the gate. Stacey and I were wondering why the stock wasn't moving this morning at the open, and I'm guessing there was a halt on the stock. Sometimes there are halts when news is pending. Maybe it wasn't a halt and there were no trades taking place at all?

Anyhow The stock opened way up, and started to fail. In my last post I said it was a potential dip buy, which it could have been that as well at $1.28 level, however I was watching other stocks. When I saw it perk up and pause, I thought about shorting but didn't take it. Then it dipped down to previous days support and I bought 2k shares @ $1.11. It quickly failed that support and I should have cut for a small loss, because it ended up moving against me a lot. The only thing that kept me in the trade was feeling like it was too much panic for good news and that the stock would rebound a bit before continuing lower.

It dipped far enough below support in my opinion, for that support to now become resistance, so I had to take a loss as I was not convinced I would get a break even opportunity. It turned out to only make it back up to $1.10 so I was right. I reversed my position and rode it down for a profit. Still was down on the day and made some mistakes, but I am glad I am seeing things before they happen better.




No comments:

Post a Comment