Tuesday, October 24, 2017

October 24th Missing an awesome breakout

On my watchlist last night for $ATOS I said: "ATOS: Looks primed for multi day breakout."

It actually started breaking out premarket while I was still asleep. Stacey had an order in for $.64 cents and cancelled it. When it spiked up at the open I waited for some pullback and consolidation. That's exactly what happened so I went long @ $.77... well, it tested $.80 and rejected for the second time so I exited the trade at break even. I was already up on the day with a few winners under my belt and felt like hanging it up.

Not even 10 minutes after I exited, it took off. It even came right back down to support perfectly for a second opportunity to dip buy. One reason I wanted out was because I was watching the free charts on Trading view and it looked very thin. Let me show you the difference between the free charts that only show the trades through one exchange, versus the pro charts that show every trade.






















Anyhow, the bottom line must be this: That I got my chunk out of the market and walked away. I have to accept that this situation is likely to happen all the time and that it is expected.

Anyhow. $ATOS has a conference call tomorrow morning and I have a feeling that even if the news is good, the stock is going to plummet as a result, which could make a good dip buy. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment