Friday, December 11, 2015

Best Documentaries of 2015

 I just finished watching The True Cost on Netflix. It is simply an eye opening look at the problem of human greed and neglect for those who produce. For once, I watched a documentary of that nature and wasn't left feeling horrible about the world. I simply understand what's going on. I'm thankful I rarely contribute to that particular problem, as almost all of my clothing is purchased second hand. 









 Another wonderful documentary I saw late last month is called SlingShot. It was an inspiring look at a mans understanding of a simple need to bring water in the most effective way possible, and the giant setbacks that continue to occur along the way. I really really want to see this work out. It's so simple and so necessary. 








The human problem is so abundant, but so fucking simple it's just super clear we live in an insane world. Be good to others. Share resources. Treat people with love and respect. Don't waste shit. Problem is, the developed world has grown up isolated from the undeveloped world and doesn't know the true depth of the problems that exist. Hell, thanks to rich mega-companies controlling the laws and the messages, Americans barely know the truth about it's own countries crises... Greed is the ultimate blockade to caring about others it seems. It causes us to block out the possibility for true, action-inspiring compassion.

I can at least say, I came away from those movies thankful as hell to have the things and comforts and opportunities I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment