Monday, March 28, 2016

MY DUE DILIGENCE

Since my last post I've spent time constructing a spreadsheet and I'd like to share my findings here with you.

Many, many months ago I spent $3,000 hard earned dollars on a portfolio of Scott's robots. What would have been great is to just be able to load them up, fund an account and watch them be profitable over time. I was REALLY looking forward to this, but alas, this is the real world and I try my best not to be an idiot consumer. Thus, I did my research and drug the whole process out even farther. Since TradeStation Forex accounts went down the shitter I've since gotten the MetaTrader versions of the robots. Thanks to the fact that I am not a total idiot and no longer trust Scott, I did some simple backtests and came to some startling results.  You will need to click on these images and enlarge them to see things clearly. A link to the PDF I created is right HERE.















Originally, in it's stock setting for the CADJPY, the robot didn't take any trades at all because the settings were set in a way that a trade would never take place... That's not the kind of attention to detail I want in a $3,000 multi-month hellish experience. I ended up using the original TradeStation settings on it. 

I'm getting really close to asking for a refund, and I hope to God he complies if and when I do. I really want to get my hands on the trend following robots and see as much data about them as I can. You only have 180 days to request a refund on PayPal, so time is ticking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment