Saturday, April 28, 2018

Noteworthy News

It is only a few days after my last post and I have some details to share. A milestone of sorts, and some other things I just find interesting.

First of all, I have officially made my first ever trade in the futures markets! I am long 1 contract of sugar 12.73 cents per pound. The reason I took the trade is because I am well aware that I missed out on the OJ trade. My intuition, in spite of my price point plan, had told me that it was going to bounce and I did not take the trade. at worst I would have been wrong a likely had to hold for a dip while prices came down and I added another contract. It took off after it hit $1.35 and this friday closed at $1.53.


I have also been watching sugar because it has been trending down for a long time, and it had just recently bounced and closed green on the day. I had decided that this time I would listen to my intuition, and if I was wrong, who cares because it's not going to zero. I did have an alert set in case it hit 10.3 cents per pound, but I just decided to take the trade. It's probably not the bottom, but it is nice that I ended the day up $288 from when I got in :)

On a different note, I have really been killing it in my paper trading. I want to be patient and calm, because I am not yet emotionally involved in the same way I would be with real money. So while I am seeing progress and feeling great about my potential, it is still a long long journey of proving it to myself. Here is my most recent graph:

























I was able to add so much gain recently, mainly because I took advantage of the Crypto market bouncing, and a Pump I have been watching for the last 2 weeks finally crashed. $LRGR has been gaining every day, as a pumped up stock does. Every day I have been raising my price alert, so that when it cracks I am alerted and can watch the stock. Well, Friday morning $LRGR spiked up to $7.20 and then hit my alert, probably because a negative Press Release came out about the stock that it was fraudulent and probably deserved to be suspended by the SEC. When news like that comes out, it's basically over for promoters, and thusly the stock.

Long story short, I bought the first dip and made a little, then shorted it, made a ton, and bought the bounce for more. It felt really rewarding to be watching and waiting for so long and then trade it profitably. The only difference, is that in real life I would not have had shares to short the thing at the time I placed the trade, and possibly not at all. If I had found shares, I would have had to box the trade (hedge in another account long) until it was time to execute the short position.

Anyhow, things feel up, but that's the cycle of life. Will report later if I feel like there's something worth reporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment