Friday, November 6, 2015

Thurs &Fri Update (Trading, accidents and power outages)

Busy day today. Had to replace the Hood and Front bumper on the Car. Accidentos Mi Amigos...






Needs some love and a wash and a paint...











These are the Stock trades I closed out on Thursday and Today.








Came to the charts today with the determination to trade, but to trade small, because I wanted to avoid being emotional. I did a good job of that. Trade size was $1,000 instead of the usual $5,000 or $10,000. I made back some losses and am no longer break even on this account again. It felt good to watch the market break down very smoothly but quickly, as my 15 pip trailing stop was just following it like a shadow. I think I want to start recording my trading again. I would have recorded today's but I was recording the Live Room with Akil Stokes from Trade Empowered.

Also, the other day we had a power failure. I don't recall mentioning that or not so if I did sorry. I bought a backup power supply on Amazon (APC BackUPS-550 to be exact) for around $55. The reason I went this this one is because the battery actually hooks up to your computer as well via usb and can shut your computer off when the power is getting low. I intend to test just how long the battery lasts soon. The software that comes with it measures and records all activity from power spikes to outtages and line noise. It's pretty awesome. Unfortunately, turning the computer back on is my job, but one step closer to covering my ass when I go live with a portfolio of Trading Robots!

Have a nice weekend!

*UPDATE*
The power supply only last 25 mins even with the monitor turned off... pretty lame, but at least it's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment