Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Upo-dato


 

Chart glitch today had me down $500 twice on WTW... bummer because I would have bough a nice bounce. I exploited the glitch to make $3000 after the losses haha, but it doesn't mean anything.



Today was the rate decision in the Canadian Dollar. here is a chart of my trading. I've lost a few % in the last week trading non-news and had I not done that, I'd be up over 5% right now, but lessons lessons...

Looking at the longer term chart which is not pictured here, I had a gut feeling of a breakout north. North was the initial direction, and price action was signaling a continuation. Higher lows, Higher Highs. Then as the market consolidated a little, the most recent highs become targets for profit, but not necessarily reversal. I wouldn't want to get caught shorting an established up move on such an event. It can always go farther than you think. I would have kept a tight stop, but I'd rather not risk the loss regardless.

HLX fell today after I tried to dip buy, so I put in a limit to add at support, but it didn't dip low enough to give me my average price. Missed out on that, but looking to hold this earnings winner for a few days to see what happens.






















And finally a chart of OJ

No comments:

Post a Comment