Thursday, January 8, 2015

Home Sweet Home

Not a whole lot to report.
I ran some other backtests on some actual martingale robots that don't trade the way I trade with the box. One of them was quite profitable for 7 months straight and then just dove off a cliff rather frequently afterwards.

 I had a safety meeting this morning and just got home. I am tired and hungry and feeling very unfocused right now. But I do want to take some time to say that I have purchased Tim Sykes' "How to make millions" DVD and have been seriously considering putting more energy into that when I am off the road instead of Forex trading.

The main reason is because there is so much more potential in what Tim is doing than what I think is possible with Forex. As I said I'm about to pass out but let me try to explain why:

What matters most in a market is directional volatility, that means how fast and how far prices move in one direction. In the currency markets 1% change is pretty normal, and from what I can see most stocks of very large companies move in a the few percent range per day as well. However in the penny stock arena there seem to be stocks that move between 25% and 50% just about every day. This happens because a lot of these tiny companies are hyped up with news letters and emails sent out to people who don't know any better and it gets them to buy the stock. Some stocks go up because of good earnings as well, but in the end it's really just a supply and demand issue that causes these prices to rise and fall so drastically.

The world currency markets are so large, with like 5 TRILLION dollars exchanged everyday, that it's percentage range of volatility would take extreme demand to cause its price to rise significantly. Because currency prices are tied to economics of countries, these countries do not want their currencies fluctuating that much because people want a stable currency. They want consistent purchasing power.

Stocks are completely different and tied usually to the economics of a business model or an idea. The inside investors who own the most stock always want that stock price moving higher and higher because that makes them richer and richer. Every time a currency gains strength, the other currencies lose value in comparison, so there is a constant struggle for equilibrium taking place by central banks. Stock owners inside the company hire promoters to hype the company or product hoping to increase demand and raise the share price. Why? So at some point their shares can be sold for an enormous gain.

These tiny tiny companies that tim focuses on almost always increase in value exponentially, and then crash exponentially for this reason. The percentage gains and losses had by these stocks is incredible and it is starting to make the most sense to me to trade. He has made millions and has proven it, and now has 4 millionaire students (two that wish to remain private) to back up his teaching. But aside from those millionaire students, there are many students earning 5 and 6 figure incomes.

The timing of all this seems to line up and I am starting to feel like this is  clear sign for me to take it very seriously. I can't trade these stocks because I am working while these moves are taking place, but I can start to watch what tim talks about and post information about what happens.

If I find a program that will allow me to reliably access my computer remotely and adjust the robot I will continue to do that, but I think I am going to try and focus on Tim's course that I bought. It is over 30 hours of material so that should keep me busy for awhile. Ok, I'm done. Till next time.

-Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment