Thursday, January 22, 2015

The ECB Market Volatility

It is moves like this that I wish could happen every day in the market. I would never doubt my ability to make money, and hence, why I am keen on wanting to trade only days like these.

From the general time of the news, until about 11am the market traded a 229 PIP range. I love trading action like this. It is basically like penny stock volatility, but with much more liquidity.

More liquidity simply means that it is easier to get in and out of a position because there are many traders there who want to take the other side of your trade. Tim doesn't want the whole world watching a penny stock because there are only so many shares available to trade in the first place, and even less shares available to borrow for shorting the stock. In all honesty I really don't think he is doing his method a good service by sharing it with the whole world, thankfully for now be has only a tiny slice of the trading communities attention that trade like he does.

Anyways, my general point with a day like today that ranges 229 pips (284 as I type this) is that I ask myself the question "Would it really be so hard to capture 20-40 pips out of that movement? I don't think so.

That is what I will find out come July. Hopefully good news. BTW, the bank didn't change it's interest rate. Not much else to say. I didn't trade it, nor did I have the robot trading it as I am sure it would have gotten a ton of losers while I could not be there to monitor trades. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment