Saturday, November 15, 2014

Happy Saturday (Celebrate the little victories)

I was at this shipper for 24 hours because the retards there can't properly load a trailer...

Thank God I'm out now and have been rolling for awhile. Some days I really can't wait to just step out of this truck and know it's my last day for awhile, if not forever.

I miss a normal life so bad it has definitely replaced any delusions of getting rich overnight. I just want normal.

I might write more tonight after I stop. Not sure. If I have a beer there's a good chance I will.

*Update* Yes, it is night time.

Hey, I know I didn't provide jack shit in terms of anything interesting today and I'm sorry about that. I really wish all the things that came into my head automatically made it to a blog post but it doesn't.

Anyways, here is what I am doing right now: Drinking wine, eating indian food left overs, and about to work on designing the logo for my trading business.

I have no clue who the fuck is paying attention to any of this except for a few close friends, but I still want to treat it as if anyone who stumbles upon this blog is #1. New to trading and #2. interested enough to stick around and see what becomes of me and my efforts to trade for a living.

First I have some comments that don't really mean much. #1. this $3.00 bottle of wine is kicking my ass. I am full on buzzed at slightly over 1/3rd of it in my tummy #2. This indian food is the shit.

You know what's important? Focusing on the minor victories. Speaking of, let me tell you of a minor victory I just achieved... As a truck driver I have to say, I think I am not your usual truck driver. Remember how I said I was at this shipper for 24 hours? Well, that would bother the shit out of most truck drivers because they don't really have anything to do. Me, I have a generator on the back of my truck, and a 1500 watt power inverter in my truck in case I am out of fuel for the generator. Any time I need, one of those will be powering my microwave, my kick ass gaming computer or my Xbox 360 hooked up to a 39 inch flat screen TV mounted to the inside wall of my truck at the end of my bed. I even soldered led lighting to a dimmer switch to fade my lighting to whatever suits me at the time. And did I mention I'd rather sleep in the bed I have in my truck than the one I have at home because its got 3 inches of plush as hell memory foam on top of it? Haha! I know I sound spoiled, and at times I take this shit for granted, but I'd say I am far from spoiled because I am thankful as hell for all I worked for and earned with my (stops to take bites of indian food) determined approach to all of this.

So what't tonights accomplishment? Get this: When I run my shit of the inverter and the truck batteries, at a certain point the batteries need charging and I have to start the truck. Well, starting the truck interrupts power to the inverter and thus the computer or Xbox and TV would shut down... So, tonight I purchased a battery backup to plug them into so next time I need to start the truck they stay on :)

Celebrate the little victories.

So, I have little time left tonight before I should get to bed (but will probably stay up anyway) and I wanted to leave you with some interesting shit to watch if you are as into the idea of trading as I am. BBC did a 2 part documentary about pretty normal people and their adventures into trading. I loved watching it. Mainly because I like watching people fail haha, but, I also like watching people succeed because it shows you that hey, this can be done and is being done by people just like yourself.

So, check out these videos and let me know what you think of them in the comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment