Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Last night was a little too fun

Well, last night was fun and therapeutic. I got to express a story I hate all but forgotten, and in the middle of it tied into trading. yay :)

woke up about 3 times in the middle of the night / morning with a hangover. filled my tummy with some solids and drank some water, went back to bed. I'm currently feeling way better, that was the first hangover I've had in a long long time. I suppose a whole bottle of wine to yourself is not the greatest idea.




this is that trade I was telling you the other day that I thought would continue going down and it looks like it might be starting to do that now. I actually added a third position for 2,000 more units of currency later today.



and this trade which is the euro dollar, I just might have to take a loss on this one but I'm very curious to see what it does. as you can see the loss is larger because the size of the trade is three times larger.

So, now my night is over and I was like, "You know what? I'm going to get the graphics card I'll eventually need for my trading when I stay home and trade". (For an extra monitor) So I walk into "WorstBuy" and take a look at the card I have been thinking about for months now. I have held off getting it simply because I am a cheapskate and even when I do spend money on myself I feel buyers remorse usually... Games and things that last, like graphics cards, not so much. Here is the card I've been interested in for months now..















So I paid 200 bucks and walked back to my truck smiling :) Opened up the box, opened up my computer, and my smile slowly turned to a confused look as there were no power pins coming out of my power supply to hook it up! I spent 20 minutes on my phone in the store comparing and double checking shit and when I finally crack open the box there's no power hook ups!

So, I get on the net and realize I'll have to not only buy a brand new power supply, because the mother board on my gateway uses a freaking proprietary 12 pin connector instead of the 24 pin like most, I'd have to buy random parts and make the connection manually... so fuck that. I then googled the best performing card that doesn't need external power and found this card:

















I recall that it was in the store for $159.99 so now I have to wait till 10am when they open to exchange them. Apparently it supports up to 4 displays and its not terribly worse in performance compared to the other card. I mean, in the end its basically $100 cheaper considering the extra cost of a power supply and wiring kits to get the other one to work... I think if I get another computer I'm just going to build it myself.
Take care and I'll update you tomorrow!

-Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment