Saturday, November 8, 2014

Time off update

I am home chilling, but I finally got to my laptop with my robot running and wanted to show you some results. I don't feel like going into too much detail being I am enjoying my time off as much as I can, but I wanted to post some content regardless.

Remember how I said new traders tend to focus on systems with the highest winning rate? well.. you if you learn how to accept losses, you can lose a lot and still manage to  come out ahead. I use a trading platform called Metatrader. It's really popular and what makes it so special, is that it's free and its designed to run trading programs, their "Trading Robots" are called Expert Advisors or "EAs". I purchased my robot from a popular trader named Rob Booker. This Robot is called "The Box" and I'll explain later how it works and why I purchased it, and where I bought it from. DONT YOU SPOIL THE SECRETS WITH GOOGLE DAMMIT!!! Anyways, here are the charts. The first chart was the two days where I was able to manage the robot on my days off, and the second chart is while I was gone.





















The arrows on the chart above are trade entries, and those green lines below are the automated profit targets. I had the profit target set to ten times the risk, and while I was gone, the robot handled trading, and took profit once it reached its predetermined target.




As you can see, out of the 15 trades that were taken, 3 of them were profitable. One of them I closed manually myself at a small profit, but even if we count only 2 of the 15 trades as profitable the win rate of this performance is a measly 13.3%

Go start a thread on the newbie forum that claims 13% accurate and listen to all the shit most people would say. There's this dynamic range of profitability, and it doesn't hinge solely on accuracy. Think about that...


No comments:

Post a Comment