Friday, November 21, 2014

Recap of last week and this morning

The last 10 days I was out of town you will recall I let the robot run and I just kept an open profit target because I wanted to see how the robot handled. You've already seen the results of that and I closed the trade.

In the following charts, I go back and take a look at the same placement of the robots entry levels, but this time with a 1 to 1 profit target.








With this risk to reward ratio and an obvious 50% accuracy rate built into the model, even though it was +6 over this data set, in the long run it should equal out to break even.

Yesterday morning when I said I thought there was going to be a lot of chop and a lot of losses I was correct. I also said I intended to keep the risk low, but since I was home for a little bit I decided to follow a martingale risk profile. Unfortunately I had to leave in the middle of it so I couldn't manage it properly. Here is a chart of the price action and the profit and and loss.




Last night before bed I reset the robot and woke up this morning in profit on the first trade. Being that it's Friday and we already had a great move early and there is no news coming out that I think could move the market, I decided to close the trade and shut the robot down until Sunday evening. Here is this mornings trade and a Daily chart showing a continuation of the overall down trend.



No comments:

Post a Comment