Tuesday, November 11, 2014

You don't have to hit home runs all the time.

Heading back out today, so I won't have access to my laptop/Robot.

My whole point of trading this robot right now is to see how it works and gather data. I don't know if it will be successful long term or not, so although lately it has looked like a walk in the part to make money with it, only a small sample of time has passed. It takes a long time to be a part of every market condition, and even then, the market is still dynamic and can do anything at any time.

Here is what has developed since I reset the placement of the robot last night. Not a whole lot, but two losses so far, so I doubled the risk factor.

Last time, I mentioned that it took a profit ratio of 10:1, but my goal this time is to simply leave the robot open while i am out of town just to see if the market can move a good distance away and rack up a serious winner. Why? simply out of curiosity.

There really is no need to rack up a home run winner if I every time I reset the robot I can pull consistent tiny profits out of the market that keep me profitable. I think it is unrealistic and counter productive to always be looking for home runs.

It filters common sense out of your mind and keeps you from taking decent profits when they are there, letting them often turn into losers and digging your hole deeper and deeper because you didn't close it with the profit the market made available to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment