Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thursday Morning Trading update

Trading zone was reset last night. I expected to wake up to several losses for some reason and I sure did. Before bed, I turned the trade size from 10k (the usual starting point) up to 20k. As I woke up to the last position I turned the trade size up to 40k, but my short position (A sell) kept going down and I took profit at an obvious point of support.

A trade fired off before the start of the new trading day. it went into the money pretty well, but I did not take the profit.
 The whipsaw action while sleeping and the last move that I took profit on.
Here is the transaction history for this chart since the new day.









In this chart I have highlighted an area of chop that gives you a visual to understand why I am not really interested in establishing a new trading zone at this level.

All that previous chop hasn't given the market a finely defined area of support, but a rang of potential support instead. As you can see on the very last red candle down, that it did not respect the support very well and went into the trading range area that I've highlighted. If I established my robots trading zone here a lot of losses wouldn't surprise me. So, with that said, I have to realize that the point of all this experimentation before I get off the road, is to test this robot under all circumstances I can. I am going to place the zone anyway so I can build data. There still seems to be a lot of downside potential as well as upside potential if the market decides to break that trendline and head up. Lets see what happens.

Here is the new zone, already in a short position.
















**UPDATE**

 Placed a temporary trade zone later in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment